To celebrate our 6-year anniverary, Bloodworks is offering a 6% discount on our allergy panel tests, now available for P6,475.
What are allergy blood tests?
Allergy blood tests usually screen for at least 10 of the most common allergy triggers, including dust, pet dander, trees, grasses, weeds, and molds related to where you live. They are also particularly helpful in diagnosing food allergies.
Allergy blood tests may be referred to as immunoassay tests and include:
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA, or EIA)
- Radioallergosorbent test (RAST)
Allergy blood tests detect and measure the amount of allergen-specific antibodies in your blood. The antibodies tell cells in your body to release certain chemicals. These chemicals are what cause allergy symptoms. Immunoglobulin E (IgE) is an antibody that's strongly linked to the body's allergy response.
Why do you need allergy blood tests?
Here are some common reasons why you will need allergy blood tests:
- If using a medicine known to interfere with test results and cannot stop taking it for a few days i.e antihistamines, steroids, and certain antidepressants.
- Cannot tolerate the many needle scratches required for skin testing
- Have an unstable heart condition
- Have poorly controlled asthma
- Have severe eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, or another severe skin condition
- Might have an extreme reaction during skin testing or have a history of life-threatening allergic reaction called anaphylaxis
Get in touch with us to inquire or book an appointment.